Slow Cooker Goulash Recipe – Our admired ancestors dishes anniversary has a account to inform, from ambrosial mapo tofu to maple syrup-spiked broiled beans to a aloof goulash. All collectively, these bristles dishes assemblage as much as a mega buffet of types, and boy did we settle for enjoyable tasting them within the Tribune evaluation kitchen. As you’ll at dwelling, we’re certain. See the recipes right here.
Hungarian goulash is a abating basin that is adapted low and apathetic for best flavor.
Casseroles accept been a supper basic for abounding years because they’re so able and simple to prepare. They’re alike easier back you accomplish them in a apathetic cooker, and by confined a ancillary bloom or vegetable and a cycle or a allotment of bread, you accept a complete meal in no time.
Yields 8 servings.
1 tablespoon affable oil
1 batter beef sirloin, cubed
2 average onions, burst or minced
1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons amber sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
1⁄4 cup added 2 tablespoons ketchup
1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
3 tablespoons flour
6 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
1. Heat oil in a ample bucket over average heat. Add beef and onions, and baker until browned; cesspool off fat. Transfer to a apathetic cooker.
2. In a baby bowl, amalgamate mustard, paprika, amber sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, cider alkali and ketchup. Add to apathetic cooker with 1 cup water, and activity to combine.
3. Cover and baker on low for 2 to 3 hours.
4. After allotted affable time, alloy abrade with actual baptize in a baby bowl, and activity into apathetic cooker until admixture thickens. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, baker noodles according to amalgamation directions. Cesspool well.
6. Place noodles in alone confined bowls, and top with beef mixture.
Yields 6 servings.
1 1⁄2 pounds angular arena beef
1 onion, chopped
6 average potatoes, sliced, optional
2 carrots, bald and sliced, optional
1 can (15 ounces) abundant arctic beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons flour
1 pint chopped broiled tomatoes, or
1 can (15 ounces), undrained
Salt and pepper, to taste
Minced garlic, to taste
1. In a bucket over medium-high heat, amber arena beef and onion; cesspool off fat.
2. Place beef admixture in a apathetic cooker. Top with layers of potatoes and carrots, if using. Cover with beans.
3. In a ample bowl, amalgamate abrade and tomatoes, and mix well. Add to apathetic cooker, and division with salt, pepper and garlic. Activity well.
4. Cover and baker on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Yields 6 servings.
1 batter arena beef
1⁄4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 pint amazon sauce, or 1 can (8 ounces)
3 cups amazon juice
1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, optional
1 cup beginning burst mushrooms, optional
4 ounces spaghetti, uncooked, burst in half
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a bucket over medium-high heat, amber arena beef and onion, breaking beef into crumbles as it cooks. Cesspool off fat.
2. Place beef mixture, salt, garlic powder, and amazon booze and abstract in a apathetic cooker. Activity in Italian condiment and mushrooms, if using.
3. Cover and baker on low for 6 to 7 hours.
4. Stir in spaghetti. Cover and baker on aerial for an added 1 hour, or until pasta is tender.
5. Serve hot, topped with a admixture of Parmesan.
— Recipes from Capper’s Farmer archives